Saturday, June 29, 2013

Restaurant Review: Veniero's Pasticceria

Great Pastries down by St. Marks Place!
What can I say about Veniero Pasticceria? Delicious, just delicious...
soooo many gorgeous desserts!  this wasn't even half of them!
We ended our day of food at Veniero's and it was sooooo good! I didn't order my own dessert because I was so so so full but I got to try a bite of what everyone ordered and I'll definitely be back there again.  Right when we walked in, I was tempted by all of the desserts. They were beautiful and colorful... My mouth just watered and I wanted to order one of each... Except I was too full to move.
The prices were good and the atmosphere was great.  The main dining area had beautiful lighting with a gorgeous stain glass ceiling fixture.  It was reflected in the mirror that ran the length of the room and really added to the ambience. We had a great time goofing around and taking pictures of ourselves in the mirror, but we're only vaguely ridiculous.
I wound up only ordering hazelnut coffee, but it was freshly brewed and quite tasty.  Surprisingly, it wasn't quite hot enough, but it was still good.
The others ordered a plethora of desserts. The strawberry millefolgie was scrumptious. Its bavarian cream
The strawberry millefoglie, tea and Joanna's Passion
was light and delicate while the strawberry on top and inside was fresh and sweet. We also tried a dessert called Joanna's Passion. I was floored at how good it was.  It's yellow sponge cake soaked in coconut rum with layers of coconut cream and lemon curd. I'm not always a fan of lemon but this was light and fluffy and the rum wasn't overpowering. It was so smooth that I didn't entirely realize it was sponge cake! It was that good.
As per usual we also tried the Babà Rum, this time filled with cannoli cream. The pastry itself was light and fluffy with a dense, delicious cannoli cream. But it was SUPER rum filled! If you don't like rum, this is not the dessert for you. If you do, it's perfect!
Babà Rum with Cannoli cream and I don't remember the name of this other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment