Sunday, June 23, 2013

Recipe: Nectarine Raspberry Cupcakes

I bought some beautiful nectarines the other day and started wondering if I could turn them into cupcakes!  I adapted a Martha Stewart Nectarine Cupcake Recipe. I was actually quite surprised to find a recipe for cupcakes with fresh nectarines, for some reason, I only expected to find recipes involving peach.  I didn't find many involving nectarines, but this one looked good so I took it and adapted it to what I had in the kitchen.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk (preferably whole milk)
1-2 tsp vanilla extract (for me, more is better)
6 tbs butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 medium nectarines, peeled, halved, pitted and finely chopped (which should be about 1 1/4 cup)
1 small container raspberries, cleaned and halved

Preheat the oven to 350°. Sift together the flour, baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Continue mixing and add in 1 egg at a time followed by the vanilla. Then blend in the flour mixture alternating twice with the milk. Stir in the nectarines and raspberries gently.
Line a muffin tin with baking cups and fill each with about 3 tablespoons of batter. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden.  Let cool in tin.


I topped mine with fresh whipped cream and thin nectarine slices.  I think I may try this recipe again and use peaches, plums or apricots.  I lean towards apricots because they are scrumptious and I think will go nicely inside a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment