Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recipe: Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Cookies

I made these ages ago but I never got around to posting up the recipe soooo here it is now.  They were utterly delicious and if you like red velvet cupcakes, I think you'll like these! I also think these will be super festive for the 4th of July.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 or 2 tsp vanilla
1 or 2 tsp red food coloring (maybe blue food coloring for the Fourth of July)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can use white chocolate chips for Valentine's Day or Christmas or even Fourth of July)

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and then set aside.

With a hand mixer, whip together the butter, sugar and vinegar until pale and fluffy about 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in egg. Add in the vanilla and red food coloring. Blend well and then slowly add in the dry ingredients. Once well combined, mix in the chocolate chips.

Shape the dough into balls; about a tablespoon each. Place each onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with Pam.  In my oven it took about 11 minutes, but keep a close eye on them to make sure they don't burn.  Allow to cool on the cookie sheet.

Store in an airtight container in between layers of parchment paper.

I can't wait to make these again!  Who knows, maybe I'll make them for the bbq this weekend! And if I wait to make them for the 4th of July I'll make them with white chocolate chips.  I'll probably make a blue variety then as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment