Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Quick and Healthy Lunch

Ok, so I'm on a blogging roll. We shall see how long I can keep this up!
Honestly, let's face it, I'm avoiding packing. The mess in my room, ok, the explosion that was formerly my room is making me nervous, so I need a break. And goodness knows I needed to eat, so why not blog about it??

I had a really quick and healthy lunch and am quite proud of myself. I could have had leftover chinese, or the frozen burritos, or the mac and cheese in the cupboard... Instead I made myself a healthy sandwich.

It wasn't just any sandwich, but actually healthy. So no mayo or heavy sauces, nothing fried and a light wheat bread.

Hummus, Pepperjack, La Bomba and Lettuce
My sandwich was delicious with hummus, pepperjack cheese, la bomba (a spicy Italian vegetable spread), and lots and lots of lettuce.  I would have loved to add some turkey to the mix, but sadly we finished it all so I just doubled the amount of hummus I used for some additional protein. Twice the hummus also means that the sandwich stayed moist so I didn't need to add mayo. La bomba made a nice addition for some heat and since it's made of vegetables is still relatively good for you. I also added a lot of lettuce to the mix for the crunch. It doesn't have a lot of flavor but added a lot of crispness and substance to my sandwich. It hurts nothing that I burned more calories chewing the lettuce than the calories that actually exist in lettuce.
So good.  So healthy.
So much lettuce!

And now back to packing... and maybe some baking. There are apple cupcakes to be made! I'll be updating again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment