Friday, October 18, 2013

What happens when I wake up too early....

Soo today there is a strike in Rome, and in a good portion of the rest of Italy too.  What does this mean, you might ask... Well, it means that public transportions will be down for most of the day.  It happens once every few months or so and is utterly efficient.
Cracked out on lack of sleep with my clementines
What it means is that I woke up at 7:15 to run and get the train by 8 (the last one should be at 8:30 but I know my luck, and I'd miss it). It means that I ran out of my house like a looney bin without my jacket even though it's kind of chilly out.  It means that I'm in Acilia where I work 3 hours before I actually have to be here.
Last night, I made myself lunch so on the bright side, I have lunch with me.
On the other hand, I forgot breakfast...
I don't generally eat breakfast, but with my hour commute, a cookie would have been very welcome.  Instead, I'm eating my clementines that I had left at work!  Thank goodness for clementines!
And as soon as the others get here I will go in search of a much needed capuccino and a cornetto... or something equally yummy... Although I should probably skip the coffee until my natural hyperness wears off... Speed walking with my ipod to the station means that I'm still really hyper.  If you keep moving you don't get tired or hungry...
Although, I only ate 2 of the clementines so far, I'm thinking the other 2 are necessary!

And now, I'll walk over to the market and see what's going on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment