Thursday, October 10, 2013

Clementines!! and Supermarkets!!

Oh, the simple pleasures in life!  Yesterday I had some time between classes and I got to go to the supermarket for the first time since being back in Italy.  I forgot how much I love supermarkets here.
I know, it sounds silly.  Why would someone love supermarkets?? There are so many reasons that at some point I'm going to have to have a whole post dedicated to the Italian supermarket with pictures too. Let me tell you, I'm going to get some super strange looks when I walk around the market with my plastic basket and camera... I look forward to it.  :D
In any case, the basic reason I love Italian supermarkets is because they are generally a little smaller and the prices are wonderful.  
Yesterday, when shopping, I didn't really need anything in particular. I went to see the prices and to remind myself what is being sold this season.
Fresh Clementines!
I was very, very excited to see clementines! I love clementines. Small, sweet nibbles of orangy goodness.  I could not resist especially for the price.  The clementines were €.59 for a kilo. In other words, just around $1.00 USD for 2.5 lbs of clementines.
A lot of clementines for not a lot of money.  These celementines are fresh and delivered from Valencia, Spain. They were sweet and delicious, and I keep eating them on my work breaks.
There are worse things I could be eating, so I'm fully okay with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment