Thursday, January 23, 2014

Starting and Finishing the day right

Well, yesterday I started my morning right. I woke up early. I cleaned my room. I did laundry. Then I left for work early.
All on an empty stomach because I really can’t eat in the morning. Yes. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but when I try to eat first thing I get nauseous. I can’t eat breakfast for at least an hour after waking up.  Then I usually have a snack or something breakfast like to pick at so my energy levels don’t drop.
I wound up having a yogurt drink at that point yesterday. It was delicious and good for me too, full of protein and all sorts of good bacteria.  And since it was in drink form I could have it on the run on the way to work.
Then at work, I was pretty bad. Since I had a lot of lesson planning to do, I went downstairs and got myself a small macchiato coffee (similar to a cappuccino but espresso sized) and a bombolona which is the equivalent of an Italian donut. And it’s cream filled. Cream filled and rolled in sugar and therefore utterly delicious. I was so excited about it.
I was not wrong to be excited about it.  I ate it while fiddling with my creative projects for the children. The sugar and the caffeine helped me through exam making too. It was great. Definitely not good for me, but well worth it as far as I’m concerned.

I figure, I walk at least 45 minutes a day and I’m on my feet, up and down, running around after children so a cream filled fried pastry is absolutely allowed once or twice a week as a treat. 
Then I forgot to eat lunch, so I accidently made up for it.  I got so side tracked with work and was so full from the donut like creation that I neglected to eat lunch until my work day was pretty much over.  DO NOT DO THIS. Goodness knows I’m going to try not to do it (in fairness, it will probably happen again simply because I get scattered during the day sometimes when I have a lot to do).  If you haven’t eaten much in the morning, you should absolutely eat a hearty lunch. I was supposed to eat a fresh salad with lettuce, tomato, chick peas and three meatballs on the side. 
I would have made it through my baby class a lot saner if I had eaten it.
As it is, I’ll eat it tomorrow for lunch.  By the time I was done, it was after 6pm, so I snacked on a meatball (only 2 for lunch tomorrow) and went home.  I stopped in the grocery store which I probably shouldn’t have done while I was so hungry. Hunger shopping means you always come out of the grocery store with far more food than you absolutely needed.
Last night was no exception. But that’s okay because I got the makings for sandwiches, fried polenta and tortellini. 
I won’t have to go to the grocery store for a while which works out well since I won’t have time to go until Sunday (maybe). 
Sandwich with ham, tomatoes, cheese, spinach and cranberries
 I built myself the most beautiful sandwich. I’m not kidding. It was GORGEOUS. I’m going to have to post up exactly what’s in it, because it was quite delicious and not just because I was hungry. 
After finishing up every last morsel of my sandwich, I had a clementine while chatting with my roommates.

So I started and finished my day strong in terms of food.  The middle was a little wonky, but I was really efficient at work which is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment