Thursday, January 30, 2014

Repeat Success: Marsala

I don't often repeat my recipes.  It's weird, but I never feel super inclined to repeat my recipes.  I like, instead, to experiment, to play with different and new concepts. I like new favors and I like to try out new experiments to see what I can do.
So instead of repeating a recipe I know I can make, I often make different variations.  I don't often make plain chicken fingers.  I make variations like my Pesto Chicken Fingers or my Honey Turkey Fingers .  I really like to try new taste combinations with unique proteins (even if this does mean than my Italian roommates often look at me like I have 5 heads... Italians are VERY traditional when it comes to flavor pairings).
That being said, I will repeat a recipe at the request of friends. So last week I remade my Pork Marsala to great success.
Just yummy

It came out very tender and the sauce was delicious
I followed my own recipe and was quite happy with how it came out.  I doubled the portion of the sauce
since it came out so well the first time and decided to use a fizzy white wine because it's what I had.  Other than that I followed what I had written and it came out really well. Maybe even better than the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment