Friday, January 3, 2014

A Weekend in Germany

Well, a couple of weeks ago I got to have a great weekend in Germany. I met my half-sister and her family for the first time ever (long story which I won’t go into now) and it was wonderful. We got to talk and hang out. Plus I got to see a castle and eat some really good food so it was a really great weekend.
It's crazy what a busy weekend I had running around with my sister, her husband and her son.
On the first night I had german food at The Big Emma or Zur Dicken Emma.  I really enjoyed my first taste of fabulous German food that I wrote a review for here.  It was so good and soooo much food. We went home stuffed and watched movies until late.
The next day we woke up late and my sister made us a camping breakfast with eggs and potatoes cooked and scrambled together. I added some cajan to the mix for some spice and gobbled it up for a day of just chilling and catching up.


That evening we actually went and got Mexican food of all things. I was a bit skeptical but it was the going away party for some of the soldiers so I was happy to go. It also worked out wonderfully because the
Mexican food was quite delicious. We went to a place called Cantina Mexicana in Kaiserslautern, Germany. 
I got chimichangas with extra spicy sauce.  The chimichanga was crispy with a moist chicken filling.  Great flavor and a wonderful shell.  I didn't love the hot sauce because it was almost a bbq sauce in flavor but it did have a nice kick to it so I used most of it. The restaurant had a fun atmosphere and was a great place for a fun going away party especially because the margaritas were so utterly delicious. They were just strong enough and full of flavor. I tried the mango and drank two of them because they were so light and tasty.
After that wonderful dinner we went over to the military base and saw a German market where we got hot mulled wine and chocolate. It was really nice and warming especially since it was so chilly outside in the open air. After a little shopping at the mall we went back to the house for some warmth and movies and then off to bed again after drawing a tattoo out for my sister.
The next morning we had more campers breakfast and slowly woke ourselves up with lots of coffee. Then we went over to a castle and walked around for the afternoon. The castle was incredible with its brilliant red bed rock. It was quite beautiful surrounded by trees and mountain views. It was definitely a good day.

Then we went back to the house and I made us an Italian meal so they could try eggplant for the first time ever!! I was shocked, they'd never tried eggplant before so I promptly decided that I would prepare Eggplant Rigatoni.  My sister tried the eggplant as I was cooking it and really enjoyed it so I was quite glad. It was quite delicious and came out quite well. Everyone ate it up.
my
The next morning, bright and early I had to go back to Rome but I had a wonderful trip visiting with my sister and her family. And I got to eat and try a lot of new food while sharing some of my favorites with them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment