Monday, June 16, 2014

Restaurant Review Rome: La Valle del Sacco

I've eaten at Valle del Sacco twice now: once with Endira and Sian and then another time with Endira.  It's a cute restaurant right by Piramide (for those of you who don't know, there's a
Pyramid in Rome! It's crazy and awesome). It's a really large and spacious restaurant so it's a great place to go on a Friday night especially because the price is right.  
The first time we went. We got three pizzas to share: the Diavola (spicy salami), the Boscaiola (sausage and mushroom), and the Melanzana (eggplant). They were delicous with thin crusts and fresh ingredients. I only took a picture when we had already cut them and divided them up but they were beautiful if a little burned around the edges.We also got a bottle of the house red which was quite good. 
We sat inside and enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the large restaurant. It wasn't crazily full and the waiters were friendly. Plus I loved the colorful, art filled walls depicted various scenes of Rome. 
The last time I was there I ordered the eggplant pizza again (I was really in the mood for vegetables) and a birra rossa, a red beer. Endira ordered bruschetta and spaghetti allo scaglio, seafood pasta and a birra chiara, a blonde beer. 

My pizza was fantastic, again with a couple of
burnt edges, but I loved the freshness and texture of the eggplant. There was a great balance with the cheese as well. It's not my favorite crust (that's in Naples) but it was quite good, thin and not too fluffy.  And my red beer matched quite well. 
Endira's food was also good and quite fresh.  The bruschetta had some killer tomatoes and good olive oil.  I didn't try her pasta because I wasn't in the mood for seafood but she said it was fresh and finished her entire large bowl of pasta.  
We were sitting outside so we got a lovely breeze and got to see the day sky change into evening and night.  The restaurant is behind the train station so the view isn't the most beautiful but the sky was still great. 
Our waitress was also really friendly and helpful although we had to check off what we wanted on a sheet of paper.  It's the first time that I've ever seen that method in Italy (although I saw it somewhere else a couple of evenings later) and it was quite efficient.  
Overall it was a good dining experience with good prices as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment