Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Restaurant Review Prague:John Lennon Pub

Okay, so I’m finally wrapping up my series on Prague!!  I am so many levels of delayed that it’s not
Yellow Submarine Entry wall
even funny.
We found the John Lennon Pub quite close to the Lennon Wall and we couldn’t resist going. It’s walls were painted bright colors and there was even a Yellow Submarine wall. We decided to sit in their adorable outdoor seating area where we soaked up the rays and basked in a bit of nature. 
The waiters were lovely and the music low-key in the background as the birds chirped and twittered
while playing in the vines.
I decided to order  a beer and Endira got a glass of white wine and then we took our time looking over the menu trying to decide what goodies we wanted to eat. I wanted something lighter and so did Endira. We definitely didn’t want heavy goulash in the beautiful hot sun before walking up to the castle later in the afternoon. Seriously, I’m quite glad that I went a little light for lunch. That hike up the steep hill was quite the killer. 
My delicious sausage and apple relish
In the end I decided to order off the appetizer menu. I got the sausage and it came with mustard and an apple relish. The sausage was a little spicy and just the right portion for me. I absolutely loved the apple relish because it was light and refreshing. It really complemented the heavier sausage. It was a simple dish but it hit the spot.
The Farmer's Kettle
Endira hadn’t been sure what to order and eventually picked one of the dishes in a photograph on the menu.  It looked gorgeous and in theory from the photo could have been light. It wasn’t, but it had potential. We both thought it was delicious and had pork, chicken breast, home-made bacon, fried potatoes, sweet corn, onions, and garlic. The flavors really melded and worked together. She really enjoyed it but couldn't finish it because it was so rich. I was too full to eat the last few bites.
Both of our amazing dishes
The inside of the restaurant
All in all we had a wonderful afternoon break that was just the right taste and price. I don’t remember what it was in Czech crowns but for 1 appetizer, 1 main course, 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine, we only spent €22 total.  A great price for a great meal. 
And then before leaving we even went inside and took some pictures in the traditional red phone box. The only way my day could have been more complete would have been if there had been a big blue police box in the pub too…
Yes, I am a nerd.

 
Me being silly in the phone box!

No comments:

Post a Comment