Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ode to Pancakes...

Soo I live in Florence, Italy... There is an abundance of fresh amazing food available to me at all times and yet sometimes I really find myself missing certain "American" foods. Foods that don't exist here, or if they do exist here... well, believe me... It's just not the same...

Like PANCAKES! I miss plain pancakes with fresh syrup and whipped cream.... Chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry, strawberry... Yeah. That would be fantastic right now.
Mind you there are specialty stores that carry pancake mix (overpriced) and there is one restaurant (sadly, only one The Diner) that serves pancakes... But in the end they still don't taste quite the same... There's somthing missing.
Mind you, I might just be missing the amazing company of my Jersey girls but honestly, I think the pancakes just aren't as good here (the same way I don't think mozzarella is as good in Jersey as it is in Florence lol).
Baked Omelette AMAZINGNESS
I mean, I guess it's not just pancakes I miss. It's good, amazing breakfast foods in general.  Italians aren't big on big filling breakfast and brunches. They do the expresso and a pastry thing. Which, mind you... I LOVE! But still on a Sunday morning I wake up at around 11 wanting Brunch.
Eggs, pancakes, bacon. You know, the standards!
I was already having cravings when my besties back in Jersey met up with my mother for brunch. Kindly Sherna took pictures of the food... I am jealous... I WANT BRUNCH...

Eggs Benedict

I want crispy bacon, and poached runny-ish eggs...
I want pancakes like woah. Yeah....
So I think this coming weekend I may attempt to make myself an American-ish brunch. I'll make a western omelette.. and hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of some yummy bacon (pancetta is delicious but most certainly not the same lol).
My mom and the amazing crispy bacon...
Oh cravings...

~Raspberry Truffle

No comments:

Post a Comment