Thursday, May 16, 2013

Recipe: Ravioli with a Spicy Spinach Butter Sauce

For the moment I am not going to tell you how to make fresh ravioli.  I've done it before, and it's gone pretty well, but for the last few days I've been pretty sick.. and therefore lazy.  When I don't feel well, I definitely don't cook with a lot of effort.  But very, very soon, I'm going to make fresh ravioli.

As it stands, I had frozen Spinach, Mushroom and Ricotta Ravioli waiting to be used.  All they needed was a sauce of some kind and some of my favorite ravioli are served with butter sauce.  I came up with a fresh and spicy Spinach Butter Sauce to compliment the spinach in the ravioli.

Spicy Spinach Butter Sauce (for 6 ravioli or my single serving)
1 cup fresh spinach
1 tbs butter
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tbs of the salted boiling water (after the ravioli has been cooked)

If you're making ravioli, like I did, start making your sauce as soon as the ravioli hit the water. This sauce is super easy and should take about 5 minutes or less to cook.

Roughly chop your fresh spinach and then in a small saucepan over medium heat sauteè your spinach in the butter with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.  When the butter is completely melted and the spinach has just begun to wilt add your cayenne and salted water. Cook down for another minute or so (but don't overcook the spinach) and then while still on the heat, toss in your ravioli or pasta.
The beautiful finished product.
Coat well and then serve while still hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment