Saturday, May 24, 2014

Restaurant Review Prague: Las Adelitas

Hilariously, I got the Jack Daniels cup.
I know, we went to Prague and we got Mexican food. Weird.  But we wanted something quick at 10pm that wouldn't be too terribly heavy.
We chose Las Adelitas for its central location and because it's an underground restaurant which Prague is famous for. The restaurant was full of bright colors and lively people. It was noisy but cozy since we were seated overlooking the kitchen.  I had a lot of fun with that because I could watch the chefs
running around.  Our waitress was quite nice and helpful since we got there not too long before the kitchen was set to close.
We ordered a pitcher of Strawberry Margaritas and they were delicious. I really enjoyed them because they weren't overwhelmingly strong and they weren't too sweet either. There was a great balance of sweet and alcohol.
We decided to share nachos with pulled chicken and it was full of flavor.  It as a big portion and perfect for the two of us to share. It was covered with cheese, salsa and jalapenos. Actually there were too many jalapenos for us and we wound up removing the majority of them and not consuming them (I love spicy but I don't love restaurant jalapenos because they're often packed in potent vinegar or oil and the flavor becomes to grating for me).  It came with a side of sour cream and fresh guacamole. The guacamole was delicious and quite refreshing especially since I haven't had good guacamole since January. It had a hint of spice but it was creamy and rich, the perfect balance of flavors.
I also decided to get the enchiladas because I thought I was really hungry. I was wrong, my eyes were
definitely bigger than my stomach as per usual.  However, the enchiladas were quite good and I took what I couldn't eat home as leftovers.  I asked for spicy, chicken enchiladas and the flavor was quite good but it was less spicy that I had wanted.  It was still good but I do love my spicy. It was covered in sauce (definitely not spicy enough), sour cream and cheese. The sauce wasn't quite spicy enough, and the sour cream and cheese just further cut down on the spice that I was craving. On top of the cheese was something beautiful and semi sweet and semi sour, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was.  I only had a couple of bites before deciding it was too acidic for me. The enchilada itself was tender, the chicken cooked well, if a little dry (so the sauce really worked well and was absolutely necessary). I didn't love the tortilla it was made with, but it was just a small part of the dish so I was quite happy. The enchilades were also served with sour cream, guacamole, black beans, and cactus.  I don't think I've ever had cactus before so that was definitely an interesting side. It was flavorful but a little slimy for me. I didn't love the texture enough to finish it all. The black beans were cooked well. They were traditional and really good but the rice was a little under-cooked for me.
Las Adelitas was quite good if you need a change from heavy Czech food. It was very chill with its atmosphere and we didn't spend a lot there on all our food.  Good portions for good prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment