Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Lunch and a productive morning...

This morning I woke up early thinking that I had a lesson but right as I was getting ready to leave it got cancelled.  My next lesson won't be until 3 this afternoon, so what to do? I guess I could have just gone back to sleep but that seemed like a waste of time since I had already spent time trying to be awake.
So instead, I went into the kitchen and started making my lunch and what will also most likely become my dinner.
At the supermarket a couple of days ago I had bought chicken thighs, so I got busy deboning them and let the creative juices flow.  I decided to make Truffled chicken with a creamy truffle sauce that I'd also bought at the store. It was really simple to make and quick as well. In fact I think I'll have to post up the recipe at some point.  All I needed was chicken thighs, flour, spices, oil for frying and this creamy truffle sauce.
When it was all done, I put a piece into my plastic container with my leftover roasted red peppers, a creamy soft cheese and a couple of pieces of prosciutto for a nice, well-rounded lunch time meal.

I was very pleased with my lunch. The chicken was tender and full of flavor and worked really well with everything else too.  The only thing I forgot was my kiwi, but I guess I'll have that after dinner tonight as dessert!!
Overall, I'm really glad that I stayed up this morning. I got to cook and relax in the kitchen and as a result I had a very appealing lunch. I'll also have dinner already ready for me when I get home at 9:30 or so. Which means, I'll be a very happy camper indeed. Food will be ready and I will be able to dig in right away. No waiting necessary.
I got to work early this morning feeling calm after cooking and I got to take my time and not rush for once. Normally I run around like a crazy person in the morning so this was definitely a nice change of pace!
Yay for productive mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment