Thursday, November 7, 2013

Food Pictures...

Alright, so just in case you haven't noticed I have a couple of obsessions.  I'm obviously obsessed with food, hence why I write this blog, but I also have an obsession with photos.  I love taking pictures of everything; people, places, things, and obviously food.
There's something relaxing about the creative process, of choosing your subject and angles. You try different angles, different lighting, different subject matter. I really enjoy it and picture taking, for me, also serves as a kind of memory service. What will I remember of this moment in the future?  By taking a picture I am often refining a memory. I am ingraining it on my mind. I don't remember small details easily. In fact if you ask anyone, I'm scatterbrained. I forget things quickly. Unless we're talking events. I can remember events and taking pictures, taking the time to focus and choose really helps me hone in on the details.
Honestly, that's why I have so many pictures of food. Otherwise I wouldn't remember all of the great restaurants and dishes that I've tried.
Recently I've even started using my phone to compile montages of pictures. So I'll be sharing those on my blog now too I think.
Ristorante Antico Carlone: where I went a couple of Saturday's ago with Endira and her father

Cul De Sac: My first restaurant review in Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment