Friday, August 9, 2013

Mini Cupcakes and My Students

Well, I can happily report that my students really liked their cupcakes.  My sixth graders ate 3 each and would have happily eaten more. Even my high schoolers really enjoyed their share. I brougt the cupcakes to my lessons because it was the last day for some of my students... However, I also brought them to get some opinions on my recipe.
I very often wind up feeding my friends and family, but I wanted to get some outside opinions.  Goodness knows children are great at giving honest opinions.. They have no filters. :)
Well, the kids loved the cupcakes. They love the chocolate pear and the vanilla peach as well.  I was surprised at how much they liked the chocolate pear. I thought that the pear wouldn't sit as well with them but I was wrong. They liked the combination, although a few of them said they couldn't taste the pear. I think that next time I'll add purreed pear to the batter so the pear flavor is more pervasive. I might add purreed peach to the peach cupcakes as well for a little more fruity sweetness as well.
Even though I'm going to tweak my recipes a little, I have to say that I loved the cupcakes.  I was on a sugar high for the majority of my lessons yesterday since I'd been popping them into my mouth all day long.  I was being just a tad ridiculous but the cupcake are bite sized and far too easy to eat. They came out moist because of the fresh fruit and the freshly whipped cream helps too).
I'll definitely be baking these again, especially as mini cupcakes. They are refreshing and go a long way. They serve a lot of people in healthier portions.
Cupcakes will also be one of those sometimes treats. You shouldn't eat them every day, but these mini cupcakes with all their fruity goodness are a little bit healthier. And since they're in a smaller format you don't have to feel nearly as guilty about going in for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment