Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recipe: Baked Omelette

I've been running a couple of days a week lately and I keep looking for healthy ways to satiate my hunger in a healthy way.  Protein is a great way to fill up so I automatically thought of omelettes. They're easy and fast. High protein and you can put as many fresh vegetables as you like... However, it's usually also cooked in oil and can get heavy depending on cheese and other ingredients.
That didn't stop me from making myself an omelette. I just switched it up a bit by baking it in the oven. I made it a little bigger than necessary, so it served me as two meals

Baked Omelette
3 eggs
4 baby red and orange peppers, sliced finely
1/4 onion, sliced finely
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1 tsp chives
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray your small pan with some pan.
In a bowl whip together the eggs, cream cheese and spices.  Once well blended, fold in the peppers and onions.
Pour into the pan and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes.
The eggs will fluff up while the cheese bakes in the moisture.

The best part about the baked omelette is that you can really put any kind of vegetable inside and they stay just crisp enough in the baking process. Brocolli and onions would work. Sweet potatoes. Spinach. Kale. Sooo many great possibilities.

-Raspberry Truffle

No comments:

Post a Comment