Sunday, July 13, 2014

26 Things to Grill This Summer

It's that time of year again.  Grilling time. Summer is meant for grilling with friends.  Currently, living in Italy
Grilling time!
means no grilling for me. I don't have a grill (I do have my trusty grill pan which kind of works) and it's not as popular here.
I love grilling with friends. It's the laughter, the camaraderie and then of course there's the food.  The char marks, the smoky flavor. I don't love smoke in my eyes, but everything else about barbecues and grilling is amazing.
As soon as I get back to the states I would love to have a bunch of barbecues with family and friends. And I would absolutely love to try grilling some new and fun recipes.  I don't want to do the traditional hot dogs and hamburgers. No as per usual I want to experiment.
Burgers and Hot dogs grilled on my grill pan
Last year I started my experimentation with Stuffed Burgers. Cheeseburgers inside out.  I'll have to repeat my favorites and post up the recipes too.  Jack Daniels burgers stuffed with spicy jack cheese (did I mention that I often make alcoholic burgers to grill?). Lime Tequila Burgers stuffed with swiss cheese (although I will be modifying these and making them with ground turkey instead because I think it'll match the lime and tequila better).
But there are so many things that I want to grill. Therefore I'm keeping a list, to see how many exciting things I can grill. I definitely won't be limiting myself to burgers alone!

THE LIST

  1. Stuffed Jack Daniels Burgers
  2. Stuffed Lime Tequila Turkey Burgers
  3. Grilled Romaine for a beautiful Caesar salad
  4. Portabello mushroom Steaks
  5. Grilled Asparagus with a balsamic reduction
  6. Chile Lime Shrimp Skewers
  7. Grilled Sweet Potatoes with garlic butter (instead of plain old white potatoes) 
  8. Grilled Lobster with Sriracha butter
  9. Grilled Whole Carrots
  10. Grilled Polenta with Grilled Italian Sausage and Grapes 
  11. Grilled Apples stuffed with Sausage and Sage (found this idea on Buzzfeed, and it looks AMAZING!)
  12. Bacon wrapped Eggplant bites
  13. Grilled Savory French Toast
  14. Grilled Avocado
  15. Grilled Blueberry Steak
  16. Mexican Grilled Cheese (Refried beans, cheddar, salsa, avocado)  
  17. Apricot Salsa Grilled Quesadillas
  18. Chicken and Red Pepper Skewers
  19. Beer Can Chicken
  20. Basil, Bacon and Peach Grilled Brie
  21. Grilled Peaches and Cream
  22. Grilled Apple Pie
  23. Grilled Blueberry Muffins with basil butter (or ice cream!)
  24. Strawberry S'mores
  25. Grilled limes for Tequilla shots
  26. Grilled Strawberries for Daiquiris 

Ok... So that's my list for now. I could keep going, but I'm going to resist at the moment.  I have the entirety of August and some of September to make all of my grilling dreams come true.  For now, I'll use my grill pan to see what I can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment